The Ubele Initiative was a partner within this international project that helped to create greater access for young women’s participation in politics. Ubele was leading the UK element, other countries included France, Portugal, Peru, Cape Verde, East Timor and Mozambique.
about Patherways International
In a world where women are often under-represented in political decision-making, public office and the civil service PatHERways looks to help counter this. PatHERways International project was run across 18 months and was led by the educational cooperative ECOS based in Portugal.
The project aimed to:
- Foster capacity-building for youth organisations working with young women, to contribute to social and civil development
- Improve the capacity of trainers to be able to efficiently work on young women’s political empowerment
- Increase the representation of young women and their active participation in democratic structures processes at local, national and regional level
- Develop an educational tool-kit to support youth organizations initiating their work on gender equality in governance and empowerment of young political representation within youth work
- Develop sustainable partnerships and networks among youth organisations working in democratic structured processes
- Increase the institutional awareness on the importance to develop youth policy particularly addressing young women’s participation in decision-making
- Identify and exchange good practices that promote young women’s political participation in their communities and organizations
- Share the different countries situations and identify policy practices that create environments that promote young women participation
This was done by developing partnerships with organisations working in the UK and abroad on young women’s political participation.
This 18-months project helped us to expand our national and international work and engage young women in politics in a way that hasn’t been seen before.
This project was co-funded by European Commission within Erasmus+ Programme.